Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained in Pharmacology
55099014

Phil, I have been taking 50 mg of Tenormin for the pas 10

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Phil,
I have been taking 50 mg of Tenormin for the pas 10 years with no problem. The last 2 prescriptions I had refilled show Tenormin 105 the prescriptions I had before had Tenormin with a T. This new medication is causing my blood pressure to elevate and I also feel light headed are these the same meds. My eyes ache. This has happened before when my medicine was changed to a generic. generics. I know for a fact generics do not help me. I have taken blood pressure medicine since 1985 and different blood pressure meds have been prescribed. I thought something strange was going on because about a week after my prescription was filled she wanted to know if my medicine was working ok. I am also a cancer patient on chemo, Revlimid on 21 days off 7 and every 3 months I take and injection of 60 mgs of Aredia. I am unable to take the steroids. Ay help is appreciated. Thank you,
Maggie Bryant, Texas
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
It seems as if they changed the med
Does it look the same?
Expert:  Dr. C. Rollins replied 2 years ago.

Brand name Tenormin 50mg should be a white round scored tablet with the imprint "Tenormin" on on side and "105" on the other side. If this is what is on your tablets then you have the correct medicine.

You can go to a different pharmacy and try to get your original pill or ask your doctor to prescribe DAW (non generic)