Drugdad
Drugdad, Pharmacist
Experience:  I have a doctor of pharmacy degree with experience in both retail and hospital. I will be happy to share this knowledge with you
66334938

Is adiponectin-supplement safe for women over 65 to take?

Is adiponectin-supplement safe for women over 65 to take? Does is interact with any other drugs adversely? Does is cause breast cancer in women over 65?
Drugdad :

Hi, let me help you with this

Drugdad :
Drugdad :

Adiponectin is protein hormone so I would encourage you to not take any supplement claiming to be this protein.

Customer:

Why?

Customer:

And could you answer my original questions, please?

Drugdad :

Hi

Drugdad :

From clinical perspective, there isn't available information on how adiponectin interacts with other drugs.

Customer:

Does it cause or contribute to breast cancer in women, and specifically in women over 65 ?

Customer:

Why would one not take any supplement that claims to be a protein hormone? I am not a doctor so I so not understand what you mean by your statement.

Drugdad :

Adiponectin is a protein hormone that means the manufacturing requirement have to be complicated. You can't expect that for a supplement over the counter.

Drugdad :

There are some on going studies on the effects of adiponection in human breast cancer cells

Drugdad :

Most of the studies are looking to see if adiponectin helps in cancer treatment and not whether it causes it.

Drugdad :

Does this answer your question?

Customer:

Can you tell me what are the dangers if adiponection is taken?

Customer:

for a month?

Drugdad :

where did you get it from?

Drugdad :

Are you still there?

Customer:

yes , I had to deal with a situation here at home. I got it from the Official Suppliers of Mango Cleanse and Colo thin which had a free trial offer this week. with a 100 % guarantee. It was touted on the Consumer Watch.com-trail.net/diet/mangocleanse/index3.

Customer:
Drugdad :

That is not adiponectin

Customer:
Customer:

Opps - then what is it that they are touting? They say the mango's have adiponectin which is a hormone that boosts metabolism and burns fat.

Drugdad :

It is a marketing gimmick

Drugdad :
Customer:

Ok so is it dangerous to take? And I thank you for your patience with me!

Drugdad :

I would recommend that you not take it because it is not approved by the FDA

Drugdad :
Customer:

Thank you again. Over and out

Drugdad :

You are welcome

Drugdad :