Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

What drugs can not be taken with the following blood

Customer Question
Hi, What drugs can not...
Hi, What drugs can not be taken with the following blood pressure meds:
Amlodipine
Losartan
Hydrochlorothiazide
Metoprolol
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
5/12/2012
Pharmacist: pharmacydoc, Pharmacist replied 5 years ago
pharmacydoc
pharmacydoc, Pharmacist
pharmacydoc :

I will be glad to help you find an answer. Please give me a minute to research your question.

pharmacydoc :

Can you please give me some more information. What drugs in particular are you concerned about?

Customer:

It is actually a supplement that resembles the steriod anavar.

pharmacydoc :

Okay, please give me a minute.

Customer:

ok

pharmacydoc :

I am performing a drug-drug interaction check using two different databases.

Customer:

The name is ***** *****

pharmacydoc :

Thank you.

pharmacydoc :

Still working.

pharmacydoc :

Okay, I performed the drug-drug interaction check using oxandrolone, which is marketed under the brand name Oxadrin. An Internet check indicated Anavar to be oxandrolone as well. I have not identified any drug-drug interactions between oxandrolone and any of the medications you listed.

pharmacydoc :

However, I did identify a drug-drug interaction between amlodipine and metoprolol.

pharmacydoc :

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

pharmacydoc :

(1) Was the amlodipine and metoprolol prescribed by the same physician and how long have you been taking this combination?

Customer:

Really. yes

Customer:

3mo.

pharmacydoc :

Yes, amlodipine is a dihydropyridine calcium channel blocker taking this in conjunction with metoprolol, which is a beta-andrenergic blocker has been associated with bradycardia and hypotension.

pharmacydoc :

There is characterized as being of moderate severity. I would recommend discussing this combination with your cardiologist.

pharmacydoc :

(2) Was the steroid prescribe by a physician or something attained otherwise.

Customer:

I was given this by a cardiologist, after my Dr. was not able to reduce my blood pressure.

pharmacydoc :

The steroid?

Customer:

I did not buy it yet, others at the gym are having great results.

pharmacydoc :

I understand. Use to weight train myself. Can you please clarify, the steroid was recommended by you cardiologist or individuals at the gym are having good results?

Customer:

What is bradycardia ? and hypotension? signs of them?

Customer:

I am very concerned about the blood pressure.

pharmacydoc :

Bradycardia is a cardiac arrhythmia whereby the heart beats too slow. Hypotension is low blood pressure.

Customer:

thank you

pharmacydoc :

Give me a minute

Customer:

My pulse is about 52

pharmacydoc :

A lot of people turn to the Internet to purchase prescription medications outside normal channels. My concern is the safety associated with doing so. I am trying to determine whether the anabolic steroid is prescribed or something your getting over the Internet.

pharmacydoc :

There is really not telling what you may be getting when purchasing prescription products over the Internet outside of normal channels, specifically, without having been examined in person by a physciand and issue a prescription.

pharmacydoc :

Please take a minute to look at the following link reported rather recently.

Customer:

In NJ the supplement industry puts out supplements that push the legal limits.

Customer:

I do not see the link

Customer:

I agree, this is sold over the counter as a food supplement.

Customer:

How I do not know.....

pharmacydoc :

It is not uncommon for supplements to push legal limits. One just has to be really careful, especially with supplements, as they are not subject to the same regulations with respect to guaranteing safety and efficacy (whether they work) as prescription products approved by the FDA obtained through normal channels.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** call my Dr. Monday

pharmacydoc
pharmacydoc, Pharmacist
pharmacydoc
pharmacydoc
pharmacydoc, Pharmacist