pharmacydoc
pharmacydoc, Pharmacist
Experience:  Educator with hospital and retail experience.
63199225

How much zanaflex would constitute a dangerous overdose?

pharmacydoc :

Recommended dosing is 2 to 4 mg every 6 to 8 hours not to exceed three doses per day. The maxium is 36 mg per day.

pharmacydoc :

If you experience any of these common or severe adverse side-effects you should seek medical attention:

pharmacydoc :

Common

pharmacydoc :

Cardiovascular: Hypotension; Gastrointestinal: Xerostomia; Neurologic: Asthenia, Dizziness, Somnolence

pharmacydoc :

Serious

pharmacydoc :

Hepatic: Hepatotoxicity, Liver function tests abnormal

pharmacydoc :

Let me qualify, if you experience any of these side-effects that you have not commonly experienced previoulsy taking this medication.

pharmacydoc :

I really hope I have answered your question to your satisfaction; if I have, I would appreciate your "accepting" my answer; bonuses are always appreciated. If you have anything else you would like to ask, I would be happy to answer.

pharmacydoc :

Recommended dosing is 2 to 4 mg every 6 to 8 hours not to exceed three doses per day. The maximum is 36 mg per day.

If you experience and of the following common (any which you do not routinely already experience with this medication) or severe side-effects, you should seek medical attention.

Common side-effects include: (1) Cardiovascular: Hypotension (low blood pressure); (2) Gastrointestinal: Xerostomia (dry mouth); and (3) Neurologic: Asthenia (muscle weakness), Dizziness, and Somnolence (sleepiness).

Serious side-effects include: (1) Hepatic: Hepatoxicity, liver function tests abnormal. An indication of this, other than having laboratory work performed, could be yellowing of the whites in your eyes.

With the hypotension there may be accompanying bradycardia (slow heart rate).

Yes I see where there is definitely an issue of some sort with the server; I don't believe this has anything to do with you at your end. This is not the first time I have seen this. You are rapidly stepping in and out of chat. The best thing to do is log off and try to log back in.

I have notified JustAnswer of the technical difficulties we are experiencing communicating. Hopefully this can be resolved in short order.

Customer: Could zanaflex depress respiratory effort and bradycardia to dangerous levels?
pharmacydoc :

Respiratory depression is not an adverse effect associated with this medication. Bradycardia associated with hypotension being dangerous is a possibility.