Pharmacy

Pharmacy Questions? Ask a Pharmacist Online.

Pharmacy

Could you please tell me if Vicodin ES is stronger than

Customer Question
Norco 3601 V? Also is...
Could you please tell me if Vicodin ES is stronger than Norco 3601 V? Also is there a Vicodin 1000?
Thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
9/24/2011
Pharmacist: Dave, Pharmacist replied 6 years ago
Dave
Dave, Pharmacist
Thank you for your question,

Vicodin and Norco are very similar and both contain hydrocodone and acetaminophen (Tylenol). It depends on the strength because vicodin ES traditionally is 7.5mg hydrocodone and 750mg acetaminophen. Norco comes in many strengths including 10mg hydrocodone and 325mg acetaminophen. This strength is the highest amount of hydrocodone per tablet that you can purchase with a prescription.

There is no Vicodin 1000!

Let me know if you need more help!

Thank you again
Thank you Dave, could you tell me if the I'd on the 10mg Norco is 7.5/325?
The one in question has an imprint of "3601 V"?
Or how would it be labeled?
Thanks
The tablet that has those imprints is Hydrocodone 10mg/325mg acetaminophen (like Norco 10mg/325mg) but is a generic version (made by Qualitest).

Good luck!

Dave
Last thing, because I'm still a little unclear.
Would the label on the prescription bottle say it's 7.5/325, or something else?
I want to make sure I request the right thing when my Dentist checks in with me. I no longer have original bottle from a prior surgery.
Thank you once more!
Not a problem,

If you have the tablets with a "V" on one side and 3601 on the other (yellow/oblong) then they are hydrocodone 10mg/325mg acetaminophen; NOT 7.5mg/325mg. If you have had a lower strength tablet such as 7.5mg hydrocodone/325mg acetaminophen prescribed from a dentist in the past, and it controlled your pain without side effects; request this strength.

If the 7.5/325 mg tablet is prescribed, then yes the bottle would say Hydrocodone 7.5mg/325mg Acetaminophen.

I hope I didn't confuse you more!

Dave
Dave
Dave, Pharmacist
Dave
Dave
Dave, Pharmacist