Pauline
Pauline, Pharmacist
Experience:  MRPharmS since 1993
659881

Client is taking Halicon 25mg for sleep/anxiety and also has

Client is taking Halicon 25mg for sleep/anxiety and also has a med for spasms of intestinal aggitation......along with iavile for pain.....
what are any side effects of mixing any of these meds and how long should one be on Halicon with out getting any dependency?
Category: Pharmacy
Expert:  Pauline replied 6 years ago.

Pauline :

Halicon should ideally be used for 7-10 days maximum, if longer than this there is a high risk of dependency and your doctor should be evaluating the need for this and whether an alternative product may be better.

Pauline :

Other drugs for sleeping include ambien, and for long term anxiety then an antidepressant such as citalopram has been shown to be helpful.

Pauline :

Other side effects include drowsiness, dry mouth and reduced concentration.

Customer:

also, does diccllyomine for stomach cramps have any side effects when taking halicon?

Customer:

advile iis taking for stomach cramps and pain that comes along with this addgitation....client is also trying to stay off coffee...

Pauline :

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Advil is not the best medication for stomach pain as it contains a anti-inflammatory medication that can irritate the stomach. A tylenol based painkiller is to be preferred.

Pauline :

There is no interaction with dicyclomine and halicon.

Pauline :

You can also take peppermint tea after meals to help with stomach cramps too.

Pauline :

Heat pads can also be good for stomach cramps.

Pauline :

I may not be around when you reply, as I have long ward shifts at the moment but I will get back to you when Ican.

Customer:

Just verifying the dicyclomine and halicon.....one Dr. said side effects of dicyclomine include dizziness, confused thinking and hallusinations, along with impaired thinking....which can be inhancence by use of halicon...That dicyclomine should be taken 6-7 hrs. after taking halicon......What is your opinion?

Pauline :

The side effects tend to be worse in older population, so in a younger person we tend not to see drowsiness being significant.

Pauline :

The halicon is taken at bedtime so this should be ok for breakfast dicyclomine.