Pharmacy

Pharmacy questions? Ask a pharmacist online.

How can you tell ifa shipment of epinephrine (aka

Customer Question
adrenaline) is genuine? Is...
How can you tell ifa shipment of epinephrine (aka adrenaline) is genuine? Is there any quick test you can use? Beyond that if, you're using an inhalant device, or something like an autoinjector, what do you do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Pharmacy
6/25/2010
Pharmacist: Dave, Pharmacist replied 8 years ago
Dave
Dave, Pharmacist
What are you using epinephrine for?
Emotional therapy. I've only cried once four years, and haven't felt anything even remotely close to anger in ove one. I hear that adrenaline, or epinephrine, amplifies emotions, and that seems to be what I'm looking for. They also say that epinephrine can make you paranoid, but it's a risk I'm willing to take, because I've found emotion is better than no emotion.

Just so you know, I'm not depressed, or at least wouldn't describe myself so, and while my body's not sluggish, my brain is. Most drugs, at least as various professionals describe it, more you feel more calm, but unlike where I was four years back, I'm too calm, and that's not right, either.

I'm not fatigued, I've low blood presure, and am in fine thirty-one year-old condition, but let me just tell you, it took me over a year in karate before I could regularly work up a sweat, to say the least, and that's, I dare say, from a lack of emotion.

Depression has many symptoms, but at least karate has cured me of that, of the inability to focus, of knowing what you want to do, but just find yourself lying in bed instead, exhausted for no apparent reason. Now, when I go karate, I can't wear myself out, no matter how I try, which I've never had trouble with before.

I don't really want to take adrenaline, but when it gcomes to generating emotions (as opposed to drugs regulating those who have to many, as I did, at one point) what ought I take? ADHD stimulants?

Frankly, the drugs' effects that I've heard about don't seem to match my needs, but epinephrine seems closest, and that's why I'm focusing on it, not the least because, looking back at some of the smptoms I had, seem to made an adrenaline overdose well, when I was passionate, but depressed, and going insane.

JUst how do you turn on the passion switch, anyways? Epinephrine ain't pleasant, but if it will in turn trigger something else, it will be well worth it.
I'm sorry to say, and you also recognize this, that epinephrine probably won't give you what you are looking for, and if if it did, the epinephrine wouldn't last very long. Epinephrine used incorrectly and in high doses could produce high blood pressure leading to a heart attack or stroke so I don't recommend that you use it.

Sounds like you would benefit from a good psychologist/psychiatrist to discuss your concerns with; I am doubtful that any drug will give you what you are really looking for.

Hope this was helpful!
In such a case, then I am willing to take my chances, and yes, I've already been looking for a psychiatrist today, even.

At the least, I want someone to help me pursue the sliver of hope that this offers, if only to cross it oof the list of possible solutions. I hope that at the very least, it would allow me to get in touch with my feelings, unpleasant or not. Per all I've described, what chemical would best give me the emotional jumpstart I seek?

Does anything come to mind? Anything? I'm running out of ideas, here.
Glad to hear that you have been looking for a psychiatrist, this is the right move. I don't have any drug recommendations that can provide what you are looking for since I feel that the risks outweigh the possible benefits for you (do more harm than good).

Sorry I am not more helpful, if you wish to ask another expert; I am fine with that.

I hope you find what you are looking for. I wish you all the best.