Peugeot

Peugeot repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Powered steering light has come on and powered steering

Customer Question
Powered steering light has...

Powered steering light has come on and powered steering dosnt work

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Red steering wheel and exclamation mark on the dashboard

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?

2010 407 diesel estate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fluid level is good all conections to pump are clean and tight warning light came on last night and aa came whilst waiting for aa left engine running to keep kids warm after a hour turned engine off aa came and fault was gone they say battery is to weak but car starts and runs ok started the car this morning and fault is back

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Peugeot
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Peugeot Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have a weak battery causing a low voltage issue this can cause this fault with the steering light you see.I would have the battery and alternator/generator tested to see if there is an issue with low voltage at all.If an issue is found with the battery or alternator or a loose or corroded cable at the battery or alternator this will need to be repaired.

If this is checked and found to be o.k. then you will need to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your model to see what codes are set then those codes diagnosed and repaired to locate and correct this fault here.This can be the control unit/ecu at fault or a failed steering sensor needing to be replaced and having the codes checked will help to locate the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Peugeot Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 6 months ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?