Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

We've just had a warning light come on saying risk of filter

Customer Question

We've just had a warning light come on saying risk of filter clogging. I've only just had the car back from a garage having had an injector replaced and don't know if thus is coincidence or could be related? Peugeot partner 2011 with 40000 miles on clock. Thank you
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The warning triangle with message on radio display saying risk of filter clogging
JA: What is the model of your '11 Peugeot?
Customer: Tepee
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No the light has just come on as drove home today
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi.there..

The warning is in regards ***** ***** DPF filter..it means the ecu is sensing the DPF is becoming blocked or the soot content is increasing..normally the car will go through it own self regeneration to burn the soot off..but if the car isnt used much or long enough..then the risk of the filter blocking increases..id advise at least driving the car for a good long run 60-70mph in 4th/5th gear - for 10-20 miles roughly on clear stretch of motorway.This helps gets the anti pollution system or dpf filter upto temp / hot - to help burn off any soot build up in the filter.might be worth a try and see if the light goes out after doing so...So certainly give that a try..if however the warning still fails to go out..then you'll need to go down the route of having the system forced regenerated on diagnostics..or the end result is having the DPF replaced..but try the drive method first..it usually the first thing to advise doing when these problems suddenly arise..if it works then you'll need at least do that once a month to help keep the DPF soot content down.I dont see an injector causing this usually to be honest....hope this helps