Peugeot

Peugeot repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We've just had a warning light come on saying risk of filter…

Customer Question
We've just had a...

We've just had a warning light come on saying risk of filter clogging. I've only just had the car back from a garage having had an injector replaced and don't know if thus is coincidence or could be related? Peugeot partner 2011 with 40000 miles on clock. Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The warning triangle with message on radio display saying risk of filter clogging

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Peugeot?

Tepee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No the light has just come on as drove home today

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Peugeot
9/10/2017
Peugeot Mechanic: Robert, Peugeot Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic

Hi.there..

The warning is in regards ***** ***** DPF filter..it means the ecu is sensing the DPF is becoming blocked or the soot content is increasing..normally the car will go through it own self regeneration to burn the soot off..but if the car isnt used much or long enough..then the risk of the filter blocking increases..id advise at least driving the car for a good long run 60-70mph in 4th/5th gear - for 10-20 miles roughly on clear stretch of motorway.This helps gets the anti pollution system or dpf filter upto temp / hot - to help burn off any soot build up in the filter.might be worth a try and see if the light goes out after doing so...So certainly give that a try..if however the warning still fails to go out..then you'll need to go down the route of having the system forced regenerated on diagnostics..or the end result is having the DPF replaced..but try the drive method first..it usually the first thing to advise doing when these problems suddenly arise..if it works then you'll need at least do that once a month to help keep the DPF soot content down.I dont see an injector causing this usually to be honest....hope this helps