Peugeot

Peugeot Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Peugeot

The engine oil pressure too low keeps on coming up and

Customer Question
beeping stop after I have...
The engine oil pressure too low keeps on coming up and beeping stop after I have been driving for a little while but only when I start to slow down?
JA: How old is your oil pump? Has the check engine light come on?
Customer: I have only just bought the car it's an 07 reg, don't know if the oil pump has been changed but don't think it has. The check engine light has not come on.
JA: What is the model of your '07 Peugeot?
Customer: a sport
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not I am going back to the person I bought it off as I only got it on Friday so wanted to get some idea what it might be before I take it back?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The radio and charger do not work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Peugeot
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/10/2016
Peugeot Mechanic: Robert, Peugeot Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic

Hi..there..

First check id say would be the current oil level - you''ll need to this once the cars been sat for an hour on a level road surface if possible..then pull the dipstick wipe it..put it back in and pull it out again and see what the level is? if its low then you can top it up till its near the max mark on the end of the dipstick..then see if the message has gone out..Further to that you need to have the engine inspected for oil leaks..change over the oil filter to ensure that isnt causing a restriction..leading to a oil pressure test to ensure the oil pump isnt failing..ideally you dont want to be using the car if the oil pressure is too low as to prevent engine damage.so it might be best to seek a mobile mechanic etc to check these problems out for you..and then take it further with the seller..but if this was a private sale then its likely a sold as seen im afraid..

Robert
Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic