Peugeot

Peugeot Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Peugeot

I have a Peugeot boxer 2.2hdi 2003 that will not start. The

Customer Question
I have a Peugeot boxer...
I have a Peugeot boxer 2.2hdi 2003 that will not start.
The fuel issue only reaches about 70 bars when cranking. I have done a lot if work up to now as the van had been sending for 7 years. I know the litre pressure side is working fine, the high pressure pump is working. I have replaced the regulator but still the same problem unfortunately. I have also tried the high pressure pump off a working boxer but no difference.
I still have 5 fault codes all permanent two are egr related, one is the third piston deactivate, one is the pressure regulator and one is the fuel filter heater, all of these faults are either short circuit or open circuit.
So am I correct in thinking that this is now an electrical fault? I have traced cables as far as I can but can't find any damage.
I have checked voltages at the regulator (permanent 8.5v) and the third piston deactivate (permanent 3.5v) these voltages remain the same even during actuator tests.
Is the some kind of relay that operates these items? Or are they operated from the engine ecu?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Peugeot
8/22/2016
Peugeot Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since you have all electrical codes here for circuit failure if you have already checked and made sure the wiring at and leading from the components that set the codes is o.k. as well as connections this can usually lead to a faulty engine ecu needing replaced or poor connections at the ecu.I would double check the wiring for any issues as well as connections and if these are all found to be o.k. it is possible the ecu is at fault here.

In some cases one of these components can be shorting out the circuit and you might try and unplug each of these components one at a time,clear the codes then see if all codes come back again.If when you unplug one of these components if the only code that sets then is for the component that is unplugged this can indicate that the component you unplugged is shorting out internally causing all other codes to set and needs replaced but if all codes still set with each component disconnected one at a time then I suspect the engine ecu at fault here.

I apologize as I dont show any diagrams for this model here but this is usually the case with a short or open circuit code from an engine ecu controlled and monitored component.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Pete, thank you for your reply. I have isolated each of the faults in turn and nothing changes with the faults. So you think that the ecu is faulty? The computer is still able to communicate with the ecu?Is there anything else it could be? Could I repair my ecu myself?
Peugeot Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

On most models when all sensors or components are o.k. that are setting the short or open circuit codes and the wiring is all o.k. this leads to an internal ecu fault with it needing either removed and repaired by a repair facility that can repair it (as this will take knowledge on how it is built and set up) or removed and replaced.Unfortunately I do not see a way for you to repair this yourself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli