Robert
Robert, Peugeot Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

how to manually close roof of peugeot 207cc. It is stuck halfway

Customer Question

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

I have info that maybe of help to you in regards to closing the roof manually on a 207cc of that year - however im kind of surprised this isn't detailed in the manual 4 pages if i recall unless you have the wrong manual which is for a hard top versions for example - However hopefully the procedure works for you as below if not then you may need somebody ie: a reputable local garage to see if they can get it back into position..You should also ensure none of the fuses for the retractable roof haven't blown, again this may detail there positions in the manual both fuses for the roof should be on the fascia in the car.common failures of these is either the boot not locking/mechanism jammed/fluid low in the pump/pump faulty/control side of the roof control system or one of the roof sensors has become faulty most likely will need to checked up on with suitable diagnostic equipment...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
As I said in my original question the roof is stuck HALF OPEN
Therefore the boot lid is partially open as per the normal proceedure. You cannot open the boot sufficiently wide enough to get to the hydraulic system.
Yes the manual show everything you have sent but NOT how to solve my problem!!
The fuses you cannot check because the manual does not identify which is the fuse in question.
I can clearly hear a clicking sound from the motor for the roof mechanism but no roof movement occurs.
The roof and boot have not been forced in any way.
I have driven the car to my Peugeot main garage because the reply you gave took so long to come and in the event did not answer my specific question based on the fact the roof was stuck half open.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
See my original question. the roof is stuck half open.
In other words the roof proceedure did not complete either in the open or closed mode. STUCK OPEN HALF WAY.
DANGEROUS, SERIOUS DAMAGE COULD HAPPEN TO DRIVER AND CAR!!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.