Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 Years of repair / diagnostics
9261905

Peugeot RAPIER MY 307 RAPIER HAS GONE INTO ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE.

Customer Question

MY 307 RAPIER HAS GONE INTO ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE. THE DASH BOARD LIGHTS WORK AND THE SIDE LIGHTS WORK, THE ENGINE TURNS OVER BUT WILL NOT FIRE ANY IDEAS. CHEERS.
R. BIRD
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.

Mike :

Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

Mike :

Can you tell me - did this all occurr after fitting the new battery - or before?

Mike :

Too - has any work been done on the vehilce of late - and what is its mileage ?

JACUSTOMER-a1rxrnyp- :

THIS HAPPENED BEFORE FITTING THE NEW BATTERY, NEW ABS SENSOR LAST YEAR,MILEAGE ABOUT 200.000

JACUSTOMER-a1rxrnyp- :

do you have any solutions.

Mike :

Hello again - thank you for your reply..

Mike :

The problem is electronic Im afraid - its a common issue with these ... going into Eco Mode... The car is going to have to be connected to a suitable and ideally, a Peugeot diagnostic machine to trace and determine the fault.

Mike :

I can tell you that these , when this happens, can cause a lot of problems , even for dealers - because sometimes they won't just reset - and you end up having to have a new module fitted - but again - you cannot progress in any other way than the above Im afraid with this one -- so thats the next move / step on this one...

Mike :

I know its not particularly good news for you sadly - but again, its a common issue with these - and when it happens and won't clear - that is the way forward ..

Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hello again..

Im sorry , the system appeared to stop responding so I switched us out of CHAT.

I Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX have helped you - but do ask me if you need anything more..

Kind Rgds, MIKE

• >>>>>>>>>Please don't forget ....Please press the ACCEPT button if you are happy with my answer/advice given - as that's how I get paid for my time, knowledge and expertise given. Thank you.

Feedback and any Bonuses are always appreciated too. Thank you.