She is losing hair around her noise and her ears are pilling also idk what's wrong I got some no rise shampoo the

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: she is losing hair around her noise and her ears are pilling also idk what's wrong I got some no rise shampoo the product is full cheeks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: guinea pig
JA: When did you first notice the guinea pig was losing her fur?
Customer: today
JA: Is her skin bumpy or itchy as well?
Customer: itchy
JA: And what's the guinea pig's name and age?
Customer: I just got her a week ago from pet smart and her name is ***** ***** they didn't tell me the age
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she is active but the hair loss is the only thing
Answered by Abbett Hudson in 50 mins 9 months ago
imglogo
Abbett Hudson
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Hi, I'm Dr. A., thank you for reaching out to just answer today. I am happy to assist. Please give me a few moments to review the information you have provided.

Please be aware I am a licensed veterinarian, but since I am not actually examining your animal, I cannot legally provide you with any specific diagnosis or prescribe medication. I can only speak in general terms about what might be happening and help you determine if/when you need to seek medical attention.

Customer
ok

With hair loss and itching the two main concerns would be a fungal infection or mites.

I would recommend getting her into your veterinarian for an exam so they can determine which is affecting your guinea pig. They will then be able to get her started on the appropriate treatments to get her healthy.

Customer
thank you i'll take her first thing tomorrow

If you have any childrens benadryl available, you can give that to help with the itching.

The dose is 3 mg per lb.

Customer
ok i'll see if i have some
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Abbett Hudson
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Abbett Hudson
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.