My goldfish is swimming sidewards and upside down and his eye going a little bit black. Few hours. Never no fish vets

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: hi my goldfish is swimming sidewards and upside down and his eye going a little bit black
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the goldfish's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: few hours
JA: When was the goldfish last seen by a vet?
Customer: never no fish vets near me
JA: What's the goldfish's name and age?
Customer: eivor and 6-8 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no but how long does it take to get answer when i pay
Answered by Terri in 3 mins 11 months ago
imglogo
Terri
20+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Customer
hello

Is he in a bowl or filtered tank?

Customer
filtered tank
Customer
text please
Customer
he is swimming upside down the other goldfish is fine but showing signs of weakness also
Customer
i quicly took them out and changed their water and added the stress coat and quick start solutions and put them back in after a while
Customer
hello??

How many gallon tank

Customer
17 litres

Thank you,  please give me 15.minites to type detailed answer

Customer
thank you

I am sorry Eivor is having trouble

It sounds like a swim.bladdèr disorder

I suggest you put him in a hospital tank

Lower the water level to give him more buoyancy

Fast him for three days m. .then feed cooked, shelled peas till.he swims normally

You can then return him .to his regular tank

Please let me know how he is doing

Customer
okay but will I place a filter in the new tank I place him in
Customer
how many litres should I fill it up with

Yes, goldfish need a filter

He needs a hospital tank so he can be fed  peas independent of the other fish

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Terri
logo
logo
logo
20+ years of experience
imglogo
Terri
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.