She is shivering and extremely lazy, ferret, today and no, her name is Dilylah and she is 9 months old, We are trying to

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: She is shivering and extremely lazy
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: ferret
JA: When did this shivering start? Have you noticed any coughing, limping, or drooling as well?
Customer: today and no
JA: And what's the ferret's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she is 9 months old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We are trying to make her drink water but she doesn’t seem to have the energy plus not eating we are trying to watch her to have at least water
Answered by Cher in 17 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
Cher
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

Hello, again.

I'm sorry your Dilylah has you worried.

Shaking is not an uncommon behavior in ferrets. They are so full of energy, generally, they will usually shake during sleep times or other random times. Ferrets can also shake due to stress or nervousness and you can help soothe her in the ways described in the link below, which also explains a detailed explanation of why your ferret may shake at certain times:

https://petkeen.com/reasons-why-ferrets-shaking/

-----------

However, if she seems to have no energy to eat or drink, something else may be going on. She may have an infection in her system, she may have eaten something she shouldn't have, like a non-food or toxic item, she might have developed a disease called insulinoma. Here is more information for you to read about this condition:

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/insulinomas-in-ferrets

-----------

Because she has other symptoms, in addition to shaking, she needs to be seen in person by her vet or an ER vet center, if they see ferrets, for an evaluation, diagnosis and treatment, if needed. Try to have her seen as soon as possible and I hope all will be well with Dilylah!

If you can, please update me on her condition and the vet's findings. Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Cher

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Cher
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Cher
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.