My bunny ate half of a chocolate bar that was left on the floor by my daughter after her birthday party yesterday. I

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My bunny ate half of a chocolate bar that was left on the floor by my daughter after her birthday party yesterday. I know it's poisonous what do I do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Has the bunny vomited since she ate the chocolate?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: But he's only a 4 LB Hall and lop he's like 10 months old Customer: Chat is completed
Answered by PitRottMommy in 13 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
PitRottMommy
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Hi, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and I'm happy to help. Please stand by while I have a chance to type.

The very best thing to do since you know that she has eaten half of this chocolate bar is going to be taking her right in for emergency medical care. I can help you find a vet that cares for rabbits, but I will require your location.

Customer
Okay. So here's the thing. My vet has told me to call the pet poison helpline and I have to pay $65 to do that and then I have to see my vet for $200 directly after that. Should I just go on with that treatment or is it something you can help me with here just yes or no or whatever would be good

I would move right on to treatment. This offers the best potential for recovery.

Customer
I've got a vet thank you I have an appointment at 2:45 I just wanted to check with you first before I put out all this money

Certainly. And if finances might limit your ability to obtain care for your companion at this time, please visit this link where I have comprised 26 links to help with financial aid, financing and fundraising: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3mxuiqvbt8drjk/JAFinancialAid.docx?dl=0

Does this all make sense? Do you have any additional questions I can address today on this topic?

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
PitRottMommy
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
PitRottMommy
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.