Sneezing and occasionally watery nose and eyes. 2 month old Holland lop. Eating and drinking. How can I check if she has

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: Sneezing and occasionally watery nose and eyes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: 2 month old Holland lop
JA: Has the Holland Lop been eating and drinking normally? Have you checked for a fever?
Customer: yes Eating and drinking
Customer: how can I check if she has a fever?
JA: Anything else you want the Veterinarian to know before I connect you?
JA: Anything else you want the Veterinarian to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Answered by PitRottMommy in 5 mins 1 year ago
imglogo
PitRottMommy
15+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Dog Veterinary, Cat Veterinary, Bird Veterinary, Reptile Veterinary, Exotic Animal Veterinary

Hi, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and I'm happy to help. Please stand by while I have a chance to type.

Is she still eating normally for you?

Any coughing?

Is the discharge from her eyes pigmented or clear?

Customer
No coughing. She’s eating normal and pooping normal. It’s clear from both eye and nose.

Thank you so much.

I am so sorry to hear that your companion is not well. It does sound like they may have a developing respiratory infection which is best treated by seeing a veterinarian. If I can help you find one, I will need your location. In the interim, be on the lookout for additional symptoms to develop. The directions below should help if any occur:

To help with any congestion in the nose, try pediatric saline nose drops.

To help with chest congestion, try steam therapy in a shower 2 times daily. Be sure that your companion is with an adult that is observing at all times.

To help with closed or crusty eyes or nostrils, apply a warm compress for 20 minutes every few hours.

I can also recommend this ophthalmic medication for eye symptoms (crusting, oozing, thick discharge, etc): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GXX34Z2?pf_rd_r=Y9KM7Z8PRG5GQQ2S13SP&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=9a10990e-b33d-**********bc25&pd_rd_w=OgfVH&pd_rd_wg=VVSUz&ref_=pd_gw_unk

You can use echinacea to boost their immune response and help with respiratory symptoms. Dosing info here: http://ratguide.com/meds/herbals_health_supplements/echinacea.php This can be used in all pocket pets, but if your companion is smaller than 1#, you'll want to use half of the recommended dosage.

I would absolutely plan to see your vet as quickly as possible for care. If they, too, believe a URI may have caused these symptoms, they will want to start them on antibiotics which should be curative within just a few days.

If finances might limit your ability to obtain care for your companion at this time, please visit this link where I have comprised 26 links to help with financial aid, financing and fundraising: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3mxuiqvbt8drjk/JAFinancialAid.docx?dl=0

Does this all make sense? Do you have any additional questions I can address today on this topic?

Customer
Thank you

You're quite welcome. If you need any additional support on this topic, I'm just a message away.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
PitRottMommy
logo
logo
logo
15+ years of experience
imglogo
PitRottMommy
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.