Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Three-year-old guinea pig sitting in the corner; not

Customer Question
Three-year-old guinea pig sitting...

Three-year-old guinea pig sitting in the corner; not interested in anything. keeps repositioning as if uncomfortable. fur is fluffed up. no discharge on the nose or eyes. breathing seems okay too. used to fight off her girlfriend when she tried to mount her, now just whines when that happens. There is no vet here that sees exotic pets. I think she might be constipated. There is much less poop laying around than usual. not sure if she is peeing though. The water bottle was still almost full from overnight. Is there something I can do for her here at home?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the guinea pig. What is the guinea pig's name?

The guinea pigs name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mona?

I just tried to give her some carrot. She tried one bite but then just sniffed it and turned away from it

Submitted: 14 days ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/8/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 14 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach video of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If your files won’t load they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If, by chance, you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
don't have equipment to take pictures or video

Where are you located?

Is she still eating and drinking well?

Can you tell me about her diet?

Are you giving any vitamin supplementation?

When did she last stool?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
she just died :( :(
Customer reply replied 14 days ago
She was laying on her right side and seemed to hickup but didn't make any noises. Then she coughed twice and gasped for air ... less ... and less. then she was gone ...