Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My chinchilla jumped into a candle warmer and the underside…

Customer Question
Hello! My chinchilla jumped...

Hello! My chinchilla jumped into a candle warmer and the underside of her fur is covered in dried wax. The wax does not appear to be hot enough to burn- I could barely feel discomfort on my wrist. I called the local vet and they told me she would be fine to pick it out and she’s it herself but I am skeptical. I’m also worried about shock as I know rodents hide stress and pain very well. Any advice?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Burns are certainly painful. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your chinchilla?

I’m not sure that she was actually burned in the process. I’m not sure

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pet
5/31/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 2 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures or video of what you’re seeing? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. If your files won’t load they may be too large for the site. You can also use FREE websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If, by chance, you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.