Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I just had him outside as it was hot out, and his eyes went…

Customer Question
I just had him...

I just had him outside as it was hot out, and his eyes went orange on the outside. What is that?

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

My bearded dragon

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dragon?

I just had him outside as it was hot out, and the outside of his eyes turned orange

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the dragon seem to hurt?

He doesn’t seem hurt

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dragon's name and age?

Alduin, 1 year

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Alduin?

He’s not drinking the water out of his dish

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pet
5/25/2018
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 2 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ and have worked with Reptiles for over 45+ years.

What you have seen s a normal reaction to sunlight. The sunlight and UVB rays help bring out the coloring the dragon. Warmth and UVB in short spans are excellent for the dragon. to help metabolize into D3 to prevent Metaboklic Bone Disease.

15-20 minutes in direct sunlight will bring the colors out in a dragon and that is what you had seen with the orange around the eyes. Most likely somewhere in the breeding is a sunburst or orange color in the blood lines.

Do not worry the Dragon is fine.

Please hit reply to discuss this information. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service.

Joan