Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Well, this is a friend's gerbil. They asked me to take it…

Customer Question
Well, this is a...

Well, this is a friend's gerbil. They asked me to take it because their son was so upset and we weren't sure she was going to make it through the night. (Gerbil)

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your friend's gerbil?

The gerbil has several abscesses or tumors, one next to each hind leg and I found another one on the back of its head a little while ago. It hasn't eaten or drank anything in a day or so, however it just ate some cucumber for me. She wobbles unsteadily back and forth.....its sad.

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if your friend's gerbil will be able to digest that. What is your friend's gerbil's name and age?

Precious and I have no clue how old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your friend's gerbil?

I can send pictures of her if you are able to receive them.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pet
I cleaned her up earlier because she smelled pretty bad, when I looked her over pretty well she had a mucous or pus coming from her rectum.
It's almost 4am wh. What is your usual hold time?
4/4/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?