Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Thank you... my fish has eyes and one has sunken in. :(

Customer Question
Hi. Thank you... my...

Hi. Thank you... my fish has white eyes and one has sunken in. :(

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your fish?

Cloudy eyes and sunken in. He's barely moving around.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your fish seem to hurt?

Eyes

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is your fish's name and age?

Patrick is 8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Patrick?

8 years

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Patrick?

Cloudy eyes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pet
4/3/2018
Pet Specialist: Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist replied 4 months ago
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with over 40 years of experience keeping fish. I’m sorry to hear of Patrick’s eye problem. Some additional information will help me determine the best steps for you to take.What kind of fish is Patrick?Have you tested the water? If so, what numbers did you get in parts per million for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates?Have you tried any medications?Thank you.