Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I have a gold comet hes well over 3 years old it was given…

Customer Question
I have a gold...

I have a gold comet hes well over 3 years old it was given to me i went to feed him he has a red spot on his nose

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

It wasn't there before

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the animal's name and age?

Its a gold comet hes over 3 years old his name is goldie

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Goldie?

3

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Goldie?

He was in daycare facility as a classroom pet thats were i originally got him only had him since October

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pet
3/30/2018
Pet Specialist: Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist replied 3 months ago
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Hello and welcome. I apologize that no one responded to you sooner. Different experts come on line at various times. I just logged on and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience keeping fish. I'm sorry to hear that Goldie is having a problem. Do you still need help? If so, some additional information will be useful.Is there any pink or red anywhere else on Goldie? Especially check his fins and tail.Have you tested the water? If yes, what numbers did you get in parts per million (ppm) for ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates? If you're u don't have a test kit, many pet stores will test for free if you take in a sample of water from you tank in a clean glass jar.Is Goldie eating and behaving normally?Thank you.