Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Extreme weight loss. Eating and drinking normally. discharge…

Customer Question
Extreme weight loss. Eating...

Extreme weight loss. Eating and drinking normally. White discharge from eyes. Sitting hunched over.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Rabbit, male

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the rabbit's name and age?

Allister. I don't know age. maybe 3 yrs

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Allister?

I don't think so...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pet
3/25/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 3 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Will you please attach pictures of what you’re seeing with the eyes? There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

When did the weight loss begin?

Has he had any diagnostics with your vet?