Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My dog loss his sight almost 2yrs ago already so he already…

Customer Question
My dog loss his sight...
My dog loss his sight almost 2yrs ago already so he already knows how to deal with his situation now part of his routine is doing some walking on the threadmill ive been away for a month so i hire a person that will take care of my dogs, when i come back so i continue our routine here when i put him on the threadmill its like hes very scared of course i need to consider his blindness but before i left i even make him run on the threadmill but now its like he has a trauma and barely move not even moving im thinking the person take care of him doesnt do the job and accidentally fell the dog while doing the threadmill, i dont know how to remove his trauma for him to start doing what he used to do before and thats part of his activity and good for his health but now i dont know how to make him walk on the threadmill can u help me what to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pet
3/25/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you describe what he does that makes you believe he's fearful?

Is this an electric treadmill or a carpet mill operated on the dog's own volition?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Electric threadmill what i think what happend maybe he fell of the threadmill one thing makes him scared now maybe the person at that time, the reason i want him to get back using the threadmill as part of his activity becaus hes under medication now due of liver problem the vet says he need to lose weight we gave him very few food now his weight still the same because his blind i cant give him diffrnt types of activities for him to lose weight the only thing that comes to my mind is the threadmill but he wont move i dont know how to remove his trauma,
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 27 days ago

I think it goes without saying that if you believe someone is at fault for his fear that he should no longer be under their care or you're going to have to take these steps each time you're away.

When the treadmill is off, is Parrish willing to walk on or near it? Does he only have fear when the treadmill is on?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Everytime i put him on the threadmill whether its off or on he instantly take a shit on the threadmill one thing i know hes nervous he wont move his stiffed as owner i knew already that somethings wrong, do u know any activity that i can give to parrish for him to be more active and not sleeping all the time,
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
there’s nothing wrong he can walk around the threadmill but he knew if i carry him and the sounds of the threadmill, hes
Starting to get nervous, i always walked
My dogs around the neighbourhood twice a day morning and late afternoon thats our routine but those dogs that needs to lose
Some weight includng parrish i make them use the threamill afterlunch to shed few pounds, now parrish cant and wont use the threadmill i dont know how to lose his weight
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 26 days ago

Is he willing to walk on to the treadmill on his own volition when it's off?

When did Parrish last have bloodwork performed? If so, do you have a copy of bloodwork to share? Has a thyroid panel been performed to ensure there's not an underlying condition leading to being overweight?

Do you know the cause of his loss of vision?

Can you share a video showing his behavior with the treadmill so that I can see what you're seeing?

Dr. Andy, Medical Director