Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I am pretty sure my rabbit has all the signs of fur mites…

Customer Question
I am pretty sure...

I am pretty sure my rabbit has all the signs of fur mites (dandruff and bare spots). I have read that Revolution is what to use but I need a prescription. What can I use?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infestations your rabbit can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is your rabbit's name and age?

Her name is Potato. She is a two-year old Champagne De Argent and is 13.5 lbs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Potato?

No...she is otherwise a very healthy rabbit.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pet
3/19/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 4 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Good afternoon, JACustomer.

Ideally, an examination should be performed, as well as diagnostics to confirm the presence of fur mites. Revolution can be dispensed or dosed, then, if this is what Potato has. If not, you may wind up wasting more money than an examination and treatment may cost.

If you must treat from home, use this page: http://vgr1.com/revolution/ for information and obtain revolution from a website that does not require prescription like this one: https://www.deadfleaz.com/buy/revolution-heartworm-flea-for-cats-blue.html You will want to have a current weight on her at the time of dosing to be sure she is still at 13.5# ***** Her treatment may be unsuccessful if her weight is off by even a moderate amount.

If you need help finding a vet who can see her, let me know. I'll need your city and state.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is your companion doing today? There's no charge for sending an update on their condition or asking any additional same-topic questions in regards ***** ***** care.