Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My hamster was prescribed sulfatrim and loxicam for a UTI,

Customer Question
Hi my hamster was...

Hi my hamster was prescribed sulfatrim and loxicam for a UTI, last friday, she is 1.5 years old. However my partner was given the details on how to administer dosage as I was away until Monday evening. There was a mix up in communication, so for the past two days I have been giving her 0.4 Sulfatrim (instead of 0.04) and 0.8 loxicam (instead of 0.08). I have only just noticed this evening. She does seem to be getting better, a lot more energy, eating a small bit, less visible blood in urine and not walking weirdly. I'm incredible worried that I may have overdosed her by accident, I am really scared.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

Why?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your hamster?

No thats all thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pet
3/15/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a few pictures?

1) Can you show me on a syringe where the line is that you've been giving the 0.4 and 0.8 dosages?

2) Can you share pictures of the prescription labels, as well?

3) Is your companion still eating and drinking well?

Dr. Andy, Medical Director