Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My goldfish was floating upside down for a few days, now it…

Customer Question
My goldfish was floating...

My goldfish was floating upside down for a few days, now it is swimming normal but hardly moves except to eat food. It has red looking streaks on its belly but they are only visible on one side, and the other fish in the same tank has been staying extremely close to the goldfish and hardly leaves its side. Is my goldfish sick? Pregnant? Dying?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your goldfish?

No that's it for now!

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pet
3/15/2018
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 1 month ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with and kept fish over 45 years.

What size tank do you have?

Do you have filtration?

Have you checked the water parameters?

What is the Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate and PH?

What type of test kit do you use?

Joan

Dr. Andy, Medical Director