Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I by accident gave my dog two doses of antibiotic. Lucky age…

Customer Question
I by accident gave...

I by accident gave my dog two doses of antibiotic

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the dog's name and age?

Lucky age 4

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pet
3/13/2018
Pet Specialist: Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. What antibiotic is Lucky on?

Clavamox 62.5 mg
She is suppose to get two doses of 62.5 mg a day but she has had three doses today because of a mix up with my roommate

What kind of dog is Lucky and how about how much does she weigh?

She is a chihuahua terrier mix and weighs approximately 10 lbs

She might have some diarrhea or throw up once or twice, but nothing more serious than that. You can actually give her a 5 mg Pepcid tablet now to help settle her stomach, as well as a teaspoon of yogurt to add in beneficial bacteria that the overdose of antibiotic may wipe out.

Where can I obtain Pepcid tablets?

At the pharmacy or the pharmacy section of the grocery store. The generic name is famotidine.

If the cvs near me are closed is it a big issue If she doesn’t get Pepcid?

No, how is she this morning?