Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My female rat is bleeding from her vagina. She is about a…

My female rat is...

My female rat is bleeding from her vagina

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the rat?

She is about a year old

3/1/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The most likely reason for the bleeding is that she's currently in heat which will last 9 - 20 hours. If the bleeding persisted longer than that, a bleeding tumor may be present in her genital tract. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
She was fine the next day thank you

Good to hear. That's consistent with heat.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian