Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Cat allergies?? my girlfriend has had allergies so bad that…

cat allergies?? my girlfriend has...
cat allergies?? my girlfriend has had allergies so bad that shes been given light duty by her job. her doctor thought she needed septum surgery to fix it and she got it, but it didnt fix it.2 weeks before surgery she had her 2 year old cat stay with a friend. right before surgery she felt so much better she didnt need surgery but she got it. then the cat came back a week later and she started being heavily congested again etc.this made her think it was an allergy to the cat. her friend cant house the cat any longer to test it so she has been letting the cat stay in a larger "motherinlaw suite" located on the 1st floor of the 3 floor town house, and she had cleaning people in to deep clean the house. but my girlfriend has to go in there everyday to clean the litter and feed her, but she uses a face mask and gloves.the cat has been in there for almost 2 weeks but her allergies are still bad.is isolated the cat to the "motherinlaw suite" far enough to stay away from any allergic reaction? is cleaning the litter for 2 minutes a day exposing her to too much allergies?
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2018
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-

Hi there. When people have allergies to cats, it is to the dander in the skin, so isolating your cat to an area of the house away from your girlfriend should be sufficient. Cleaning the litterbox should be fine, unless your girlfriend also has allergies to dust. Hope that helps - Dr. Cooper

JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-