Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My dog was on a walk today and running around with no issues…

My dog was on a...
My dog was on a walk today and running around with no issues then we got home and he went to go up the stairs and yelped in pain. He is walking around without a limp. He seened to be in pain on his right hind leg. He is 8 months post TPLO on the same leg.
1/21/2018
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian
Hello, I am talk to Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I'm so sorry to hear about your pet. I am working on a response I will be back shortly.
there could be a couple things going on. If he is not limping than he could have just strained his leg and it was hurting most immediately when he came in the house but not enough to be limping constantly. Or some dogs will have back pain and obviously will not limp because they didn't hurt a specific leg but have stress on their back when they go up the stairs or try to jump onto things.
My suggestion would be to keep him quiet and resting tonight. I also would not do any excessive activity for the next few days just to make sure that all is going well. If you feel like he is not better tomorrow or worse you certainly can message me if you have any questions. I don't know if you have any pain medication from when he had his surgery or not but it would be fine if you gave him one of his anti-inflammatories. I hope that helps please let me know if you have any additional questions.
If you are satisfied with my assistance, a 5-star rating is always appreciated and is how we as experts are recognized and compensated for our time. Even after the rating we can continue this conversation for a week so keep me posted. Sincerely ***** *****
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian
He only yelps when he is pushing very hard off that back leg. Probably best to limit his activity and going up and down the stairs?
Thank you!