Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

He just ate three fiber bars (human fiber bars) totaling 27…

He just ate three...

He just ate three fiber bars (human fiber bars) totaling 27 grams of fiber. He weighs 11 pounds. Will he be ok? He got into my bag.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Jackson, 12 yoe. Normal health

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Jackson?

12 yoa

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Jackson?

No, he ous very healthy

1/20/2018
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian
Hello, I am dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry about Jackson. I am working on a response and will be back shortly.
there's no need to induce vomiting. Most likely what Jackson will experience has some diarrhea. Make sure that you do not withhold water as excessive fiber with dehydration can cause constipation instead of diarrhea. He may not actually exhibit any symptoms at all if he doesn't have a sensitive digestive tract. However don't be surprised if you notice some diarrhea in the next couple days.
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you
I would keep his diet the same. Made me minimize any extra treats and just keep his diet very simple. If you have any additional questions in the days to come, this conversation will stay open for about a week after the rating so please feel free to message me if you have any concerns.
maybe minimize...
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything. He is a little guy and I'm sure he's a bit sensitive. I think everything will work out just fine but I'm happy to answer any questions that you have in the coming days. Sincerely ***** *****
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I'm make sure he drinks water
That sounds great!
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Veterinarian