Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My hamster's cage somehow fell, which pinned him under his…

Customer Question
My hamster's cage somehow...

My hamster's cage somehow fell, which pinned him under his sleep "cave". I'm unaware of how long he was stuck, but when I got him out and looked at him, I saw he was bleeding from his eye, nose, and mouth. He loudly squeaked repeatedly for a minute or two and he is currently in his cage, sitting in the corner breathing very heavily and his breathing seems laboured. He appears to be hiccuping, as one would do after a prolonged period of crying. What do I do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your hamster. What is the hamster's name and age?

His name is*****'s a campbell's dwarf hamster. I got him about 3 months ago, and I'm not sure his exact age.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mortimer?

He's an otherwise healthy hamster who loves his wheel, running around the house in his ball, and he likes celery as a treat.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
1/8/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

The incident occurred roughly an hour and a half ago. I've called every vet in my city, but no vet knows what to do. I'm really concerned because his breathing is very laboured and he won't let me near him to pick him up and comfort him.
I have paid the $26 and would really like an answer quickly. I'm very distraught and need your help as quickly as you can possibly provide it.
My boyfriend is currently with Mortimer and may be able to send a video, but I'm not sure he can. I will try to do that so you can better help.