Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Hamster, about a year and half old...his eyes are wide open,

Customer Question
Hamster, about a year...

Hamster, about a year and half old...his eyes are wide open, seems to be eating...but he's falling over, walking like he's drunk, flailing his head back and forth...it's painful to watch

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

I looked for wet tail...didn't see any...and no, I haven't looked for a wound...but this is his entire body...like head moving back and forth and up and down...and he's falling over on his back...

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the hamster's name and age?

Pluto...about 18 months

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pluto?

No...never been sick...

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
1/8/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.