Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

She was acting drunk this morning by 4 this afternoon she…

Customer Question
She was acting drunk...

She was acting drunk this morning by 4 this afternoon she was dead we had an appointment made with the vets but it was to late

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Rabbit

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wounds on her

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the rabbit's name and age?

Isabelle she was 15 weeks

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Isabelle?

She was acting drunk she was drinking from the syringe and she ate the critical care from the syringe but towards the end she had a couple of fits then died

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
1/4/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am so very sorry to hear that Isabelle passed. How can I best assist you today?

I would just like to know what it could be

First things first, be aware that if Isabelle's body is still available a rabbit vet can perform a post-mortem necropsy to attempt to determine the cause of death. This is often the best approach as my ability to assist you will be speculative and based on a "best guess" scenario based on symptoms.

1) How long had you owned Isabelle?
2) When did the symptoms begin?
3) When was the critical care started?
4) Did you see any symptoms of abnormality prior to acting drunk, such as avoidance of food or water? Inability to walk upright? A head tilt?

We have owned her for a couple of weeks
The symptoms began the morning of her death
The critical care was started as soon as we noticed the symptoms
She was not off her food the night before at all she cleared her food

Did you see an inability to walk upright? A head tilt?

She didn’t have a head tilt but when the symptoms started she couldn’t hold her head up or walk properly

Do you happen to have any video or pictures of her during the stages where she couldn't hold her head up or walk properly?