Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My dog cries and seems to have discomfort eating. I came…

Customer Question
My dog cries and...

My dog cries and seems to have discomfort eating. I came home this evening and he wasn's himself. I thought his leg was hurting due to history of a fatty tissue mass. He had surgery 1 1/2 years ago and i think it's growing back. I gave him treats but he cries and makes funny noises as if he has a hard time swallong

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?

Brewster

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brewster?

No. Brewster 7 years old

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
After feeding him, his spirits seemed to have lifted, wagging his tail more but not back to 100%. Still would like to know your thoughts on this
I gave him rimadyl 1 tablet an hour ago. He is wagging his tail a little right now
how long does it take for the vet to reply?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/3/2018
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 6 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

1) What breed of dog is Brewster?
2) For what condition was the rimadyl prescribed?
3) Can you share a video of the crying/funny noises/difficulty swallowing?

pocket beagle. The prescription was for my other dog. I have no video of him crying. He is resting at this moment but with increased resp rate

Can you describe what he was doing to suggest he was having a hard time swallowing?

No, thank you. Am not willing to pay for a call. I waited 2 hours for a response. I will take him to the vet tomorrow. I don't think you guys are being helpful. Please cancel my account.