Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

He is not able to walk with his back legs and seems very…

Customer Question
He is not able...

He is not able to walk with his back legs and seems very unbalanced

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

He is a pit bull he’s about 5 mo old

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?

No wounds

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the bull's name?

His name is Max

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Max?

He ate and was a bit hesitant to drink this morning

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share video of what you're seeing?

Sure
He seems like he’s walking better but a bit unbalanced. About 5min ago he was dragging his back legs
He usually has a very, very good appetite and drinks very well but he just doesn’t seem himself at all today

There is an attachment function on the page that should allow you to post pictures and video. You can also use websites like http://www.imgur.com and youtube.com to upload pictures and video respectively. Once this is done, a set of links will appear. You can then post the link back and I can access them. If you are located in the USA and texting pictures/video would be preferable, please let me know. There is an additional charge for this service but it can take the guesswork out of trying to get information back to me and facilitate a faster response.

Shout I just take him to the Clinic?

If he's unbalanced and intermittently dragging his legs, an examination would be wise. I would be happy to take a look at a shared video, if you have one.