Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My male goldfish has a spot on his head and his tail looks…

Customer Question
My male goldfish has...

My male goldfish has a white spot on his head and his tail looks different then it used to

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the goldfish's name and age?

The goldfish is a year old and his name is*****: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pumpkin?

That he lives in a 20 gallon tank by himself

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
My friend said it could be a fish pimple, I know it is not ich. He got those white spots on his fins a while ago and it just means he is mature.
I just wanted to double check
His tail does look weird though
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years and have worked with fish for over 45 years.

Does the pimple look waxy?

Can you post a picture of the tail?

Joan