Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

She has these seedlike things around her anus. They look…

Customer Question
She has these seedlike...

She has these seedlike things around her anus. They look almost like grass seeds.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What sort of animal are we talking about?

Oh sorry, female french bulldog.

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the French bulldog?

I have noticed that she has some seedlike things around her anus. I have washed her and gently removed some. They are like grass seeds.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the French bulldog seem to hurt?

Her anus.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: What?

There are seedlike things that look embeded in the skin around her anus.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the French bulldog's name and age?

April and she is 8

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pet
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Pet Specialist: Dr. Beth, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

An offer for a phone consultation usually will come up a few minutes after starting the chat, please note that it is not from me, it is automatically generated by the site. I am not always able to do phone consultations, but I can always continue chatting with you here.

Are these little things white or light in color? Or are they darker?

Is it something you might be able to upload a picture of? Usually there is a picture attachment option if you click on the paperclip icon.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can’t get a picture, but I know it isn’t a foxtail problem. She’s an indoor dog. She has had anal gland problems, but these seem to have appeared during a break in the gland saga.

I'm wondering about tapeworms even if they aren't moving - they look like little pieces of rice. Let me see if I can find a picture example-

Dr. Andy, Medical Director