Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I have a Syrian hamster and she seems to be sleeping a lot…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Syrian hamster and she seems to be sleeping a lot and not eating, also drinking very little

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the Syrian hamster. What is the Syrian hamster's name and age?

Pip and I don't know her proper age but she is over 1

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Syrian hamster's name?

Her name is pip

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Pip?

She had a 3 story cage and seems to be only pooing on the middle near her bed I have been giving her food daily but she hasn't been eating anything, she's quite dark and dry down from where she wees

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
12/26/2017
Pet Specialist: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 6 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has she had these signs?

Any change to her breathing? Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Any coughing, sneezing or nasal/eye discharge?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

Is she passing loose or less stools?

Any change to her urination?