Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My dog ate a pack of extra winterfresh gum. Does it contain…

Customer Question
My dog ate a...

My dog ate a pack of extra winterfresh gum. Does it contain xylitrol

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?

Frazier age 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Frazier?

He has diabetes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Pet
12/23/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 6 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to assist you.

The Extra Winterfresh Gun does not have Xylitol.

These are the ingredients:

INGREDIENTS:SORBITOL, GUM BASE, GLYCEROL, MANNITOL, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, LESS THAN 2% OF: HYDROGENATED STARCH HYDROLYSATE, SOY LECITHIN, ASPARTAME, ACESULFAME K, COLORS (RED 40 LAKE, YELLOW 6), SUCRALOSE, BHT (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS), . PHENYKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

looks like you have dodged a bullet and no problems with toxicity. Possible a little gastrointestinal upset. The thing I worry with is the wrappers passing through if a smaller dog,

Joan