Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I gave my bunny a bath( I didn't know baths werw dangerous…

Customer Question
I gave my bunny...

I gave my bunny a bath( I didn't know baths werw dangerous for bunnies) and now and acting strange.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your bunny?

She won't really move . I gave her the bath last night and this morning she is acting strange. She usually comes to me when i call her and she won't Come. She stays under the blankets now

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your bunny seem to hurt?

She doesn't seem to hurt

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the bunny's name and age?

Her names baby shes a dwarf bunny. I'm not sure about age

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your bunny?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pet
12/20/2017
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 4 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years with special interest in Exotics.

YOur Bunny is most likely in shock and very stressed. This situation is very serious. If she stops eating and passing stool she can go into a FI Stasis.

I suggest that you have her seen by a Vet today to be checked out. In the interim, try enticing to to eat a piece of carrot or a treat to get something going into her gut.

When grooming a Rabbit all we do is spot clean an area and not bathe the whole rabbit.

Make sure she has all the grass hay she can eat as well as her pellets and fresh food.

If you see she is not eating you will need to start emergency feeding of critical care and Pedialyte for fluids.

This is a link for Rabbit Vets:

http://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

I am very concerned and feel the best thing is to have her seen and make sure she has some supportive care.

Please hit reply to discuss this information and your concerns.

Joan

Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 3 months ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan

How is the Rabbit doing?

Joan

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician