Pet

Get Pet Questions Answered by Pet Experts

Pet

Ate 100 mg lasortan 10 min ago he weighs 117 lbs. Lab. No he…

Customer Question
Ate 100 mg lasortan...

Ate 100 mg lasortan 10 min ago he weighs 117 lbs

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Lab

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

No he ate a bp pill

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the Lab will be able to digest that. What is the Lab's name and age?

Tag 10 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the Lab's name?

Tag

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tag?

On nsaids for arthritis

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pet
12/19/2017
Pet Specialist: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 2 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. The best thing to do at this point is to induce vomiting with 4 ounces (120 ml or 8 tablespoons) of 3% hydrogen peroxide given orally. This dose can be repeated in 10 minutes if there is no vomiting. Do this know while I work on more information for you.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Hopefully you have been seen this and been able to induce vomiting. Inducing vomiting will become less effective an hour after ingestion. This is not a medication that is used commonly in dogs, but there have been reports of using it with dogs with excessive protein excretion in the urine. The dose he ingested would be double with a dog of his size, but these type of medications tend to have a wider margin of safety. If you can get him to vomit, and you see the pill, there should be no issues. If you can get him to vomit and do not see the pill, you can still monitor him for any further vomiting, weakness, lethargy, diarrhea, dizziness or collapse. If you see any of these issues, I would have him evaluated by a vet immediately. If you are no able to get him to vomit, it would be a good idea to have your vet do it and to give him medical grade activated charcoal. The liver tends to recirculate this medication back into the GI tract and blood stream, so multiple doses of activated charcoal is usually beneficial. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

Hello. I was just following up to see how Tag was doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian