Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I have a female guinea pig who is about 9 months old who…

Customer Question
I have a female...

I have a female guinea pig who is about 9 months old who apparently has wryneck. Is there any over the counter medicine I can give her or natural herbs that I could use? I am pretty sure it is not pneumonia because she is still eating and today she was a little more active. Although this evening she is quiet again. I don't really have the money for a vet visit and vets that treat guinea pigs are hard to find.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help with the pneumonia. What is the guinea pig's name?

Dory.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dory?

I don't think so. She has been very active and a real sweetheart up until about 3 days ago. I noticed she was not coming out of her house. So I picked her up and saw that her head was tilted. So I put her in her own cage (I have 2) and have been trying to just hold her and rub her neck as much as possible. Oh and her eye is weird looking. I don't even know how to explain it. Kind of rolling down and weird looking.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pet
12/17/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures or video of the wryneck and the eye?

In what city and state do you reside?

For some reason my computer is not recognizing my phone. But I live in Traverse City, Michigan.