Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

I just bought a new fish tank for my quite fish yesterday…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new fish tank for my quite fish yesterday it's a 55 gallon tank it looked beautiful last night when I said it up the water look nice and fresh the fish look happy I woke up this morning and the water is all cloudy in dirty what happen? Can you tell me?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the fish?

Thank you very much

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the fish seem to hurt?

No they don't

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No they seem healthy just cloudy water Like a dirty Brown the fish tank look beautiful last night

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is the fish eating normally?

Yes they are I think it might be too much food my friend Monica to keep putting more food in there yesterday because he said there wasn't enough algae for them to eat so you might be right about putting too much food in their

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No appetite problems. What is the fish's name and age?

They are coyfish and they are about 10 years old they got too big for my last tank so for Christmas I bought them of 54 gallon tank it was so beautiful last night I woke up in its Brown water this morning

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the fish's name?

We have ebony and ivory and deaf leopard

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the fish?

No they seem normal they were very happy yesterday with their new tank they seem fine just dirty water

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pet
12/16/2017
Pet Specialist: Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist replied 8 months ago
Anna
Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with over 40 years of experience keeping fish. I'm sorry to hear of this problem. Unfortunately, the situation may get worse, but we'll try to figure out the best things to do. Please tell me, is your old tank still set up, or did you empty it?How many koi do you have and how long are they from mouth to end of tail?Thank you.
I don't have access to my email right now so if you could text me answers, My largest quite fish is probably about 9" long and the other one is about 8I guess inches long and the other 1 is smaller hes got a lot of friends but he is the smaller 1 may be 5"
Thank you for getting back to me. I'm not set up to do text messaging. This question and answer format is what I can do. I hope that works for you. Is your old tank still set up or did you empty it?
Hello I'm cherry with the Kio fish , Are you going to call me?
If you want a phone call, there is an extra fee. I'm not set up for calls, but one of my colleagues is. If you'd like I can check with her.
I have contacted my colleague, and am waiting to hear from her. In the meantime, you will need to do a water change. I would change about 30 to 50% of the water. If you still have your old tank set up, it would be better yet to move the fish back into it.
Pet Specialist: Joan, Vet Technician replied 8 months ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Technician

I am Ann'a Colleugue I can do the Call. I will try and offer premium service.

Joan

I have sent the offer for the Phone call. If you let me know what time late this afternoon you will be available I can call then or Do it now. I will be off for a few hours.

Please let me know.

Joan

Pet Specialist: Anna, Pet Expert/Biologist replied 7 months ago
Hell again. Do you still want help? If you do, Joan can provide a phone call, or I can continue in this format. If you want to do that, please let me know how the tank is doing today. Thank you.