Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My dog has retinal deterioration. Over a few hours tonight…

Customer Question
My dog has retinal...

My dog has retinal deterioration. Over a few hours tonight that eye turned cloudy and seems to be weeping.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your dog?

Did you see what I just wrote?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your dog seem to hurt?

Sudden cloudiness I. Eye with retinal deterioration and eye seems to be weeping. Should I take him to emergency vet?

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the dog's name and age?

Echo, 9 yo

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Echo?

9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Echo?

Yes. Hx. Retinal deterioration

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
12/14/2017
Pet Specialist: Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Schmidt
Dr. Schmidt, Veterinarian
Hello, this is Dr. Schmidt. I worry about the risk of glaucoma secondary to the retinal deterioration. I would take him to the emergency vet so they can perform an eye pressure test and start him on the appropriate medication.
On my way
OK great. Best of luck.