Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

Can I administer the (VHD) vaccination on my own?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
12/12/2017
Pet Specialist: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The VHD (also known as RHD) vaccine can be administered at home, but you're likely going to have some trouble finding it without a prescription. If your vet has already examined your rabbit(s) and is willing to authorize the purchase of the vaccines, this can be done online and shipped to your home with syringes to administer the vaccine to your rabbit or rabbits. Often it's cheaper, however, to have an examination performed as well as the vaccine since so many steps and a wide range of cost is required to obtain the vaccine itself.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JACustomer. Did you have any additional questions regarding the VHD/RDH vaccine?