Pet

Get pet questions answered by pet Experts

My bunny is constipated, I gave her some critical care from…

Customer Question
Hi,My bunny is constipated, I...
Hi,My bunny is constipated, I gave her some critical care from oxbow, there is no open vets in my area at the moment, should I buy her some baby laxative or something equivalent and give her a small dose?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Pet
12/8/2017
Pet Specialist: Kelly Hill, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Veterinarian

Hi. My name is Dr. ***** *****. I have over 15 years experience as an emergency veterinarian. Let me take a moment to read your question.

Absolutely, do not give any form of laxative. Syringe feeding the Oxbow critical care herbivore is the best option right now. When was the rabbits last bowel movement? What is her normal diet and is she eating?